Gerald Ford (1913-2006)
Gerald Rudolph Ford was born on July 14th, 1913 in Omaha, Nebraska. He has been the only president to have not been elected as president or vice-president. In 1974 he became president after Richard Nixon resigned from office.
After studying law at Yale University, Ford started a law firm with his friend in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He was in the Navy from 1942 to 1946 and was elected into the House of Representatives in 1948.
Wife: Elizabeth "Betty" Bloomer Warren (1918-), Married on 15 October 1948
Children: Michael Gerald Ford (1950-), John Gardner Ford (1952-), Steven Meigs Ford (1956-), Susan Elizabeth Ford (1957-)
Elections of the presidential election
Gerald R. Ford is the first and only US President to have never won a US election. He became president when Richard Nixon resigend.
Gerald R. Ford
- was born as Leslie Lynch King, Jr. (after emancipating himself from his parents, he took the name of his step-father)
- was the first "Eagle Scout" to become US President (US-Boy-Scouts)
- played football from 1931-1934 for the University of Michigan and tried out for the Green Bay Packers and Detroit Lions
- he was the fourth left-handed president
- was a member of the Warren-Kommission
- was the first US President to visit Japan on official business
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." (Gerald Rudolph Ford)Back